Department of Industrial Development
The following are the functions of the Department of Industrial Development: -
- Formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations for supporting the development and promotion of industrial development including industrial research, investment promotion, attraction and development
- Coordinate implementation and evaluation of polices, strategies and programmes for attracting national and international industrial investments
- Coordinate the promotion of foreign and domestic investment in the manufacturing sector in Somaliland
- Oversee the research and studies on the economy of Somaliland on the manufacturing sector
- Responsible for processing of manufacturing license and approvals to set up manufacturing projects in Somaliland
- Establish a taskforce to review, evaluate and improve existing and new policies and legislations that will increase the opportunities for more industrial business activities in Somaliland
- Improve and diversify manufacturer sector to address supply constraints in order to benefits from trade and economic arrangements concerning Somaliland
- Provide technical assistance to food manufacturing using local materials inputs.
- Provides guidelines, planning and a framework for the acquisition of land and the use of government land for the facilitation of export zones, economic growth centers (EGCs) and for the development of industrial estates in Somaliland
- Support and promote development, production and marketing of gums and resins
- Preparation and implementation of the five (5) year strategic plan and budget for the department.
- Preparation and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system and tools for the Department
- Preparation and implementation of the capacity development for all staff based on the needs assessment and in-line with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) guidelines and requirements.
- Preparation of the annual financial estimates in consultation with the heads of sections
- Coordinating the formulation of the department’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting and monitoring